1. Name of Event
CHINA (SHANGHAI) INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOOTBALL INVITATIONAL 2019
2. Duration and Venue
Duration: July 8, 2019 to July 14, 2019
Venue: Shanghai Caoyang No. 2 High School, No.1 High School affiliated to Tongji University Junior Middle School Affiliated to No.2 High School of East China Normal University
3.1 Hosts: Ministry of Education, PRC
All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
Shanghai Municipal People’s Government
3.2 Organizers: Leading Group Office of National Youth Campus Football
Shanghai Municipal Education Commission
Shanghai Municipal Sports Bureau
Shanghai Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
China School Sports Federation
3.3 Co-organizers: Shanghai Municipal Campus Football League
Shanghai Co-secretariat of Students' Sport Association
Shanghai Football Association
Shanghai Education Development Foundation
Shanghai SIPG Football Club
3.4 Strategic Partners: Shanghai Overseas Friendship Association
Youth Committee of All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
Youth Committee of Shanghai Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
Shanghai Overseas Chinese Foundation
Yihai Kerry Foodstuffs Marketing Co,Ltd
4. Participating Teams
Youth school football teams representing various countries and regions.
5. Eligibility of Players
5.1 The participating youth school football teams from a country or region may register as a winning team representing such country or region.
5.2 The maximum number of oversea Chinese players on a team from outside the mainland of China shall be 4 players and the maximum number of foreign players as to such team shall be 3 players.
5.3 Age Requirement: The players shall be under 17 years old (born after January 1, 2000 and before December 31, 2003 for the purpose of the 2019 event). Any player younger than the age requirement shall provide the relevant certification and may participate in the Invitational with the approval by the Organizing Committee; players older than the age requirement are not allowed to participate.
5.4 The passport, identity card and resident certificate held by the participating players should be able to show the player’s nationality or permanent resident status and age.
5.5 The players shall be students currently enrolled in schools. An official certificate is required to certify the student registration status of the players. The name of the school where the players are enrolled shall also be specified in such certificate.
5.6 If it is necessary to verify the eligibility of the players, the organizing committee may check the ID/passport of all players at any time.
5.7 Any behavior in violation of the eligibility requirements shall be subject to penalty by the Discipline Committee of the event.
6. Registration for Players, Officials and Referees
6.1 Dates for Application and Online Registration
6.1.1 The participating teams shall apply to the organizing committee before April 7, 2019 (90 days before the Event); such application shall include the name and a brief introduction of the team (to be accompanied by the relevant application materials).
6.1.2 The participating teams shall submit their registration information before May 7, 2019 (60 days before the Event) and such information, once submitted, shall be deemed to have been confirmed and not subject to further change. The registration information shall include the list of 30 players and the list of 10 team officials.
6.1.3 The participating teams shall confirm the final name lists before June 7, 2019 (30 days before the Event) including a maximum of 22 players and a maximum of 4 team officials (1 team manager, 2 coaches and 1 doctor).
6.2 Application Reminders
6.2.1 The participating teams shall carry out medical checks on the players to ensure the health of the participants and shall further obtain relevant insurance coverage for the players at the teams’ own cost.
6.2.2 Detailed Requirements on Application Information
All participants, when registering online, must provide their passport number, date of birth, photo (resolution: 626×413) together with:
1) for players
Height, weight, player number and position in the field
2) for team officials
Title held by each of the team officials
7. Awards and Certificates
7.1 The Champion, Runner-up and Third Place Winner will be awarded the corresponding trophies, the gold, silver and bronze medals respectively and souvenirs.
7.2 The participating teams will all be granted a certificate of participation, a certificate of placing and souvenirs.
7.4 The awards of “Best Player”, “Best Scorer”, “Best Goalkeeper”, “Best Coach”, “Best Score”, “Best Referee”, “Best Team Manager”, “Fair Play Award”, “Contribution Award” and “Best line-up” will be presented by the Organizing Committee with corresponding credentials and souvenirs.
8. Match System
8.1 Competition Method
There are a total of 16 participating teams.
1) Stage 1: Sixteen teams, through drawing of lots, will be divided into four groups (Groups A, B, C, D) of four teams. The four teams in each group will play in a single round-robin schedule.
2) Stage 2: The top two teams from each group will play for the 1st-8th places through single knockout matches in crossed pairing and the remaining two teams from each group will be arrange by the organizing committee to play exchange matches.
8.2 Award of Points and Determination of Rankings
8.2.1 For the group matches, 3 points will be awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 point for a loss and teams with greater points rank higher.
8.2.2 If two or more teams in the same group shall have equal points, the following criteria shall be applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings:
1) The team with the greater number of points obtained in the matches played between/among the teams in question ranks higher;
2) The team with superior goal difference from the matches played between/among the teams in question ranks higher;
3) The team with higher number of goals scored in the matches played between/among the teams in question ranks higher;
4) The team with superior goal difference and higher number of goals scored in all matches in the same round-robin ranks higher;
5) The team with less number of red and yellow cards from all matches in the same round-robin ranks higher;
6) if the teams shall still have an equal ranking after having applied the above, then a drawing of lots shall take place to determine the ranking.
8.2.3 For the knockouts in the second stage, if it is a draw after 90 minutes, the two teams concerned will go directly into penalty kicks in order to determine the winner.
9. Competition Rules and Relevant Requirements
9.1 The Laws of the Game of IFAB for 2018-2019 shall be followed.
9.2 Football Fields:
Football Field of No. 1 High School Affiliated to Tongji University (Natural Turf)
Football Field of High School Affiliated to Fudan University Qingpu Campus (Natural Turf)
Football Field of Junior High School Affiliated to No. 2 High School of East China Normal University (Artificial Turf)
Football Field of Shanghai Weiyu High School (Natural Turf)
Football Field of Shanghai Chongming High School (Artificial Turf)
9.3 Match Ball: Size 5
The organizer will provide 10 official training footballs for each of the participating teams.
9.4 Team Equipment
The players of each participating team are required to wear team kit (uniform). Each team shall prepare two sets of kit of different colors. The goalkeeper’s kit shall be visibly different in color from the other players. Captains must wear a captain’s armband.
The color of team kit to be worn during each of the group matches shall be determined at the Team Managers’ Joint Meeting.
9.5 Duration of Match
Each match shall last 90 minutes, comprising two periods of 45 minutes, with an interval of up to 15 minutes in between.
9.6 Number of Players Allowed for Registration for Each Match
Each team is allowed to nominate in the match sheet twenty-two (22) players including eleven (11) substitutes. However, each team is entitled to only five (5) substitutions and a player who has been substituted during a match is not allowed to take part in the match again.
9.7 A maximum of 11 players, 4 team officials, 1 leader of overseas Chinese community and 1 volunteer may be seated on the bench.
9.8 Disciplines and Penalties
9.8.1 If a player has been given 2 yellow cards or 1 red card directly during one match, or has received two yellow cards cumulatively from two matches in the same stage, the player will be automatically banned from the next match. The player will naturally miss the next match provided that no additional penalty is imposed by the Discipline Committee.
9.8.2 If a player has been given a red card as the result of two yellow cards received during a match, such yellow cards shall not be counted for cumulative purpose.
9.8.3 If a player was awarded a red card directly following one yellow card, such yellow card shall be counted for cumulative purpose.
9.8.4 If at the end of a stage, there is any form of discipline or penalty that remains to be implemented or completed, such discipline or penalty shall continue to be implemented and completed in the subsequent stage;
9.8.5 The number of red cards and yellow cards received during group stage will not be carried over to the second stage for cumulative purpose.
9.9 Withdrawal, Forfeit and Refusal to Play
9.9.1 All participating teams must complete all group matches and subsequent matches.
9.9.2 If a team which has confirmed participation in the event withdraws from the event (other than due to force majeure), such team will be excluded from the series of events for the following two years.
9.9.3 If a team discontinues its participation during the event for any reason, such team will be excluded from the series of events for the following two years.
9.9.4 If a player who falls under any of the following descriptions plays in a match, the team which the player belongs to shall be deemed to have forfeited that particular match.
1) The player is not duly registered;
2) The player is being suspended;
3) The player is involved in an arbitration procedure and clearance is pending for playing the matches.
9.9.5 A team shall be deemed to have refused to play under any of the following circumstances:
1) The team fails to play a match as scheduled other than due to force majeure and without the approval by the Organizing Committee;
2) The team refuses to play any make-up match or rescheduled match as arranged by the Organizing Committee;
3) The team refuses to resume a discontinued match within five minutes upon the request of the referee of that match;
4) The team abandons a match before its completion.
9.9.6 Penalties for Withdrawal, Forfeit and Refusal to Play
1) If one team has forfeited or refused to play a match, the opposing team shall be awarded a 3:0 win, or the actual score of the match if the superior goal difference is greater than 3:0.
2) If both teams have forfeited or refused to play a match, both teams shall have no score for such match and will be awarded zero points.
3) If a team abandons a match, all matches played or to be played against such team shall be deemed to have been won by the opposing team and the score shall be recorded as 3:0 or as the actual score of any such match played if the superior goal difference is greater than 3:0;
9.9.7 Procedures for Cancellation or Discontinuation of Match
If the referee holds that a match cannot be normally kicked off or discontinues a match before its completion due to force majeure or any other reasons including without limitation to unsuitable field condition, weather condition, lighting problem, the following measures shall be taken:
1) The match shall be automatically postponed or paused for 30 minutes to be started or restarted upon the effective improvement of such condition unless the referee is of the opinion that the match may be started or restarted at an earlier time.
2) After the match has been automatically postponed or paused for 30 minutes, if the referee believe the match may be resumed or restarted after a further extension, then the waiting time may be extended for another 30 minutes; if the match is still not resumed after the second 30-minute period, the referee must announce the suspension of the match.
3) Announcements are to be made for spectators and the two teams concerned to leave the venue.
The Match Supervisor shall determine the time and venue for a rematch or make-up match within 24 hours after consulting with the parties concerned.
4) For a discontinued match, a make-up match shall resume from the time when the match was previously discontinued and any score recorded at the time of such discontinuation shall still be valid. When the organizer decides to resume a match, the following principles shall be followed in practice:
(1) The match shall resume from the time when it was previously suspended and the score recorded at the time of such suspension and the players in the field and on the bench shall be the same as those at the time of such suspension;
(2) No addition to or replacement of the players in the bench list will be allowed;
(3) The number of substitutions may not be increased;
(4) The red cards and yellow cards awarded shall remain effective and any player expelled from the field may not play the match. Any team official expelled from the bench may not enter the bench and technical area;
(5) All other penalties relating to such match shall remain effective;
(6) The time (a subsequent foreseeable time) and venue for such resumed match shall be decided by the organizer;
(7) Any subsequent issues arising therefrom shall be decided by the organizer.
9.9.8 If a rematch or make-up match cannot take place within 24 hours,
1) The Match Supervisor shall report to the organizer to be dealt with and decided by the organizer;
2) The decision made by the organizer shall be final.
3) If any misconduct occurs in this process, the Match Supervisor shall file the relevant reports to the Discipline Committee and the latter will award the relevant penalties.
9.9.9 This clause is not subject to further appeal.
10. Match Supervisors and Referees
10.1 The Match Supervisors shall be appointed by the Competition Committee of China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational 2019.
10.2 The Referee Assessors and Referees shall be appointed by the Referees Committee of China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational 2019.
10.3 Any decision made by the referees regarding any happenings in the field shall not be protested against.
11. Reception and Funding
11.1 The team organizers and leaders of the oversea Chinese communities shall be responsible for the round-trip international travelling expenses, medical costs and the relevant insurance costs (e.g. for insurance policies covering international traveling, accidents, etc.) for the teams.
11.2 The Organizing Committee will provide for food, accommodation and transport for the duly registered members of each team during their stay in Shanghai (limited to the official duration of the event). The costs for any additional personnel of the teams will be for the teams’ own account.
12. Commercial Exploitation and Advertising
12.1 The Organizing Committee owns the rights to TV broadcasting, rights of transfer and rights regarding commercial exploitation in respect of the event.
12.2 The Organizing Committee shall have the perpetual right to use, free of charge, all images and footages, including without limitation to photos, video recordings and audio recordings, of the participating teams and participants produced or otherwise made during the event. The Organizing Committee shall have the right to use such materials without the need to obtain prior approval from the participating teams and participants or notify them of such use.
12.3 If the teams’ match kits are provided by the Organizing Committee, the players shall not, during the event, print or otherwise show on the kit any commercial elements, including without limitation to logos other than those designated by the Organizing Committee, or wear any other clothing or accessory, etc. which bears any commercial element. Nor shall any participant expose any part of the body to show or in an attempt to show any commercial element.
13.1 Any matter not covered hereunder will be separately notified in due course.
13.2 These Regulations shall be subject to the interpretation of the Organizing Committee of China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational 2019.
Organizing Committee of China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational 2019