1. Tournament Name
2021 China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational
2. Tournament Time and Venues
Time: Early July, 2021
Venue: Shanghai Citizen Sports Park – Football Park (No. 999, Anchen Road)
Shanghai Fengxian Sports Center (No.100, South Guhua Road, Fengxian District, Shanghai)
3. Participating Teams
Participating teams shall enroll in the names of China National Campus Football Team, Shanghai Elite Campus Football Team, Shanghai Shenhua Football Club Youth Team, Shanghai Port Football Club Youth Team, football teams of private schools (international division) in various districts and schools for children of overseas employees in Shanghai (international schools).
4. Qualification of Participating Athletes
4.1 Age: Under 17 years old (participating athletes of the 2021 invitational must be born after January 1, 2004 and before December 31, 2005). Should there be participating athletes below the age group above, they shall submit a statement bearing the official seal of their schools and get the approval of the Organizing Committee (Competition Division) before enrolling. Athletes who are above the age group above may not enroll.
4.2 Participating athletes shall be registered students of each school. Under special circumstances, or when the Organizing Committee (Competition Division) deem it necessary to verify an athletes’ enrolling qualification, the athlete’s school shall submit an identity certification with the name list of athletes and bearing the official seal of the school.
4.3 Anyone who violates the above qualification regulations shall be punished by the Discipline Committee.
5. The Enrolling Procedure and Notices for Athletes and Officials
5.1 Enrolling Procedure
5.1.1 From May 24, 2021 on, all participating teams may log on to http://youthfootball.secsa.cn, the official website of China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational, or https:// www.secsa.cn , the official website of Shanghai Educational Center for Science and Art, to register and enroll. Information to be submitted upon enrolling shall include the name and brief introduction of the participating team (attach related materials for enrolling).
5.1.2 All participating teams shall submit their enrolling information before June 3, 2021 (30 days before the tournament). Enrollment information shall be deemed as confirmed upon submission. All information submitted may not be altered. Enrollment information shall include a 30-people-name-list of athletes and 10-people-name-list of officials.
5.1.3 All participating teams shall confirm their final participants’ name lists before June 18, 2021 (15 days before the tournament). A maximum of 22 athletes and 4 officials (1 manager, 2 coaches, and 1 doctor) may be enrolled in the tournament for each team.
5.2 Notices for Enrolling
5.2.1 All participating teams shall conduct physical examinations for their athletes to ensure that all participants are healthy. During the tournament, the Organizing Committee will buy a sport-related casualty insurance for every participant.
5.2.2 Specific Requirements for Enrolling Information
For online enrollment, each participant shall submit his/her passport number, date of birth, photo (electronic, front view, bareheaded, 400 by 570 pixels). Athletes shall submit their height, weight, their numbers in the team, and the positions they play. Team officials shall submit their titles and other related information.
6. Tournament System
6.1 Competition System
1) Stage 1: twelve teams shall be divided into 4 groups (A, B, C, and D), and play in one-cycle group matches.
2) Stage 2: two elimination matches: A1 vs C1 and B1 vs D1. The winners of the two matches shall qualify for the final match and the losing teams of the two matches shall compete for the third place.
6.2 Methods of Point Accumulation and Positioning:
6.2.1 In the group matches, each winning team shall earn 3 points, both drawing team shall earn 1 point, each losing team shall earn 0 point. The team that earns more points shall be positioned higher in the group.
6.2.2 In the group match stage, should two or more teams have earned the same points, their positioning shall be determined by the following factors in the following order:
1) For two teams with equal points, the team that earned more points in the matches between the two shall be positioned higher;
2) For two teams with equal point and the same amount of points in the matches between the two, the team that has accumulated more goal differences in the matches between the two shall be positioned higher;
3) For two teams with equal points, the same amount of points in the matches between the two, and the same goal differences in the matches between the two, the team that scored more goals in the matches between the two shall be positioned higher;
4) For teams with equal points, the team that has accumulated more goal differences or goals in all the matches of the same cycle shall be positioned higher;
5) For teams with equal points, the team that has accumulated fewer red or yellow cards in all the matches of the same cycle shall be positioned higher;
6) Should two teams still tie after the above comparisons, their positioning shall be determined by lottery drawing.
6.2.3 One winner must emerge from each match in stage 2. Should two teams tie with each other in a 90-minute-match, they shall compete through penalty kicking.
7.1 Winners of the first, second and third prizes shall be awarded corresponding trophies, gold, silver, and bronze medals respectively, and souvenirs.
7.2 Individual awards including “Top Athlete”, “Top Scorer”, “Top Goal Keeper”, “Top Coach”, “Top Goal”, “Top Referee”, and “Top Manager”, as well as group awards including “Best Fair Play Team”, “Dedication Award”, and “All Star Team” shall be awarded. Meanwhile, the Organizing Committee will award Certificates of Honor and souvenirs as encouragement for every participating team.
8. Competition Rules and Related Regulations
8.1 The 2020-2021 FIFA Laws of the Game shall be adopted for all matches.
Shanghai Citizen Sports Park – Football Park (No. 999, Anchen Road) / Shanghai Fengxian Sports Center (No.100, South Guhua Road, Fengxian District, Shanghai)
8.3 Official Ball: Size 5 Official Soccer Ball
The Organizing Committee will provide for each team 10 official balls for training.
8.4 Sports Equipment for Athletes:
Each participating team must wear uniformed soccer T-shirts for matches. Each team shall prepare soccer T-shirts of 2 different colors for its athletes. The color of goalkeepers’ clothes in the match shall be significantly distinct from that of other players of their teams. Captains must wear armbands.
On the Managers’ Joint Conference, the colors of each team for each match shall be decided.
8.5 Match Time:
Each match shall be 90 minutes long (45 minutes for each half), the halftime break for each match may not exceed 15 minutes.
8.6 Number of Players Allowed to be registered for Each Game:
Each team may register 22 athletes, in which 11 are substitutes. However, only 5 substitutions may be made during the match and players who are substituted in the match may not return to the same match.
8.7 No more than 11 athletes and 4 team officials may sit on the substitutes’ bench. Also, 1 volunteer is allowed to be seated on the substitutes’ bench.
8.8 Disciplinary Punishments
8.8.1 If an athlete is shown the yellow card twice or is shown the red card in one match, or if an athlete is shown the yellow card in both matches of the same stage, the athlete shall be suspended from the next match. Unless the Discipline Committee imposes additional punishments, such an athlete shall naturally be suspended from one match.
8.8.2 If an athlete is shown the red card as a result of being shown the yellow card twice within one match, such yellow cards shall not be added into further calculations.
8.8.3 If an athlete is shown the yellow card and then directly shown the red card by the referee within one match, such yellow cards shall be added into further calculations.
8.8.4 If suspensions from matches or other disciplinary punishments have not been carried out or carried out in full by the end of one stage, such punishments shall be carried forward to the next stage for execution.
8.8.5 The red and yellow cards shown during the group matches shall not be carried forward to Stage 2 for further calculation.
8.9 Withdrawal, Forfeits and Boycotts
8.9.1 All participating teams must finish all matches during the group match stage and the matches that follow.
8.9.2 After confirmation of enrollment, should any team withdraw from the tournament (unless caused by force majeure), the team shall be expelled from the tournaments of the next 2 years.
8.9.3 Should any team fail to continue to participate in the matches (before elimination) for whatever reason in the course of the tournament, the team shall be expelled from the tournaments of the next 2 years.
8.9.4 Should any athlete participate in a match under the following circumstances, the athlete’s team shall be deemed as forfeiting the match.
1) Not enrolled;
2) Undergoing suspension;
3) In the process of arbitration, therefore not yet allowed to play in matches.
8.9.5 Under the following circumstances, a team shall be deemed as boycotting the match
1) Not participating a match set in the calendar without force majeure causes or permission from the organizer;
2) Refusing to participate in make-up matches or rescheduled matches according to the arrangements of the organizer;
3) Refusing to resume discontinued matches within 5 minutes upon the instruction by the referee;
4) Withdrawing from a match halfway.
8.9.6 Treatments towards Withdrawal, Forfeits and Boycotts
1) Should a team in a match forfeits or boycotts a match, the opposing team shall be deemed as the winner of the match. The score of such a match shall be recorded as 3:0 or the actual score should the opposing team’s accumulated goal difference by the time of the team’s forfeiting or boycotting is above 3:0;
2) Should both teams of a match forfeit or boycott, neither team shall have scoring record for the match, and both team shall gain 0 point.
3) Should a team withdraw from the tournament halfway, the opposing teams of all of its matches shall be deemed as the winners. The scores of such matches shall be recorded as 3:0 or the actual scores should the opposing teams’ accumulated goal differences in such matches are above 3:0.
8.9.7 Handling Procedures for Suspended or Discontinued Matches
Should any force majeure or other causes (including but not limited to unfitting conditions of the venue, the weather, or defects of stadium lighting), causing the referee to believe that the match should not begin or causing the referee to discontinue the match before it ends, the following measures shall be taken:
1) The match shall be automatically delayed or paused for 30 minutes and shall not begin or resume until improvement of related conditions unless the referee deems the condition fitting for earlier beginning or resumption.
2) After the match has been automatically delayed or paused for 30 minutes once, should the referee believe that a further delay or pause is necessary before beginning or resuming the match, the match may be further delayed or paused for 30 minutes. Should the condition be still unfitting for the match to begin or resume by the end of the second 30-minute-delay/pause, the referee must declare the match suspended.
3) Make announcement to instruct the spectators to exit the venue, and both teams shall withdraw from the court.
Upon solicitation of opinions by the match supervisor, the time and venue of rematch or make-up match shall be decided within 24 hours.
4) For discontinued matches, the make-up match shall resume from the time of the matches’ discontinuation and the scores and other developments when the matches were discontinued shall remain effective. The following principles shall be adhered to when the organizer decides to resume and finish a discontinued match:
1) The match shall resume from the time point of its discontinuation. The players on the court and on the bench of both teams shall be consistent to those when the match was discontinued;
2) Neither team may add or change the players in its list of substitutes;
3) No additional available substitutes may be granted;
4) The red cards and yellow cards given at the time of match discontinuation shall remain valid. The banished players may not play in the make-up matches. The team officials banished from the substitutes’ bench may not enter the substitutes’ bench or technical areas of the match;
5) All other related punishments of the discontinued match shall remain valid;
6) The time (in the foreseeable future) and venue of the make-up match shall be decide by the organizer;
7) All possible issues that follow shall be decided by the organizer.
8.9.8 Should it be impossible for a re-match or make-up match to be held within 24 hours,
1) The match supervisor shall report such matter to the organizer to handle accordingly or make relevant decisions;
2) The relevant decisions made by the organizer shall be final;
3) Should there be any violation of discipline in this process, the match supervisor shall submit a report of such violation to the Discipline Committee of the tournament, so that the Discipline Committee may impose disciplinary punishments accordingly.
8.9.9 No appeal may be made against this rules and procedure clause.
9 Supervision and Referee Personnel of the Tournament
9.1 Match supervisors shall be selected and assigned by the Competition Committee of the 2021 China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational.
9.2 Referees’ supervisors and referees shall be selected and assigned by the Referees’ Committee of the 2021 China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational.
9.3 No objection against the decisions of referees about match facts may be voiced on the court.
10 Reception and Funding for the Tournament
1) Vehicles: During the tournament, the Organizing Committee shall provide each team with a medium bus for the dropping-off and picking-up between the courts and the team’s residence.
2) Insurance and medical services: The Organizing Committee will buy sport-related casualty insurance for every participant of every team. During the tournament, medical staffs and ambulances will be stationed by the courts of matches to offer medical support.
11 Other Matters
11.1 Other matters not covered in this plan shall be notified separately.
11.2 The power of interpretation of this plan shall reside with the Organizing Committee of the 2021 China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational.
(Contact Person: WANG Wensheng, 13801824647; Website Technical Support: LIU Junpeng, 15800981985)
Organizing Committee of the 2021 China (Shanghai) International Youth Football Invitational